Creative Suite 6 vs Creative Cloud
Before you decide what to buy you need to understand the differences between the two options.
- 1 time fee, own it forever
- 4 different flavors (Design Standard, Design & Web, Production, Master)
- No upgrades
- 12 month contract, once contract ends your software expires
- 1 version (includes everything in master collection plus online storage and touch apps)
- Free upgrades, anytime a new version comes out you get it first.
Non Profit Pricing:
You can get non profit pricing for any of these suite’s or the cloud from many different companies. However I recommend using CDW.com, they are very reputably company and the have an Canadian site for our friends to the North! You will need to call to set up your account or to buy Non Profit software, contact Dave Nozar the Non-Profit Account Manager @ 877.667.0833 (This is not a paid endorsement, and I do not get and money for referrals).
- Design & Web Suite: $565 (regularly priced $1,899)
- Production Suite: $565 (regularly priced $1,899)
- Master Collection: $950 (regularly priced $2,599)
- Creative Cloud (12 month subscription): $487 (regularly priced $600)
Important Notes about Non Profit Creative Cloud
There are 2 versions of the creative cloud, the normal one and the team ready version(will transition to team version when released in 3rd or 4th quarter). The regular one sold only at adobe.com is a single use, single person license. The Team ready version allows for a company, organization or church to buy the cloud for their team. It has extra management features like, license redistribution if a staff member leaves, cloud storage management(give 2gbs to one person and 12gbs to another) and multiple cloud sharing.
The Non Profit version of the Creative Cloud is the Team ready version. Also many of you know that adobe is running a deal for current suite owners to move to the Creative Cloud for discounted price for the 1st year. This is tempting but the price only lasts for a year then it goes back up to the regular price.
How To Buy
Again to get the Non Profit prices for anything you need to call Dave Nozar the Non-Profit Account Manager @ 877.667.0833, he will hook you up with any version you are looking for. CDW also offers upgrade guarantees, which basically means you pay $100 – 200 extra and you get any future version of the creative suites for free. That is how I got cs5.5 and cs6 for free when I bought CS5.